- The following services are offered:
- Systems and TPA briefings
- Half or one day briefing covering all 23 packages
currently in the market for handling unit trusts/OEICs/ISAs.
Some of these can be readily eliminated, the remainder
would be analysed in greater detail focusing on the
suppler and clients, functionality, technical
architecture, cost, processes and scalability. A similar
briefing can be held for Third Party Administrators.
- Systems and TPA selection
- A detailed examination of the unit trust manager's
operation, identifying special processing requirements.
The development of a business requirements document with
a full business specification of any non-standard
processing. The selection of a shortlist of suitable
candidates. The production of an Invitation to Tender
customised to follow the particular requirements on the
manager. Arranging and conducting site visits. Scoring
and weighting responses. Producing a selection report and
conducting final negotiations with the preferred
candidate. All of these activities would be
carried out closely with the manager's staff, my job
would be to put the information together to enable a
decision to be made, not to make decisions on the manager's
- Systems and TPA implementation
- The production of a detailed gap analysis. Setting up a
test system. The analysis and specification of detailed
requirements. Contract negotiation. The design of
documentation. Setting up a model office environment.
Functional and user acceptance testing. Specification and
testing of data conversion requirements. Development of
processes and procedures. Final implementation and
production of post-implementation reviews.
- Customised training programmes for staff, carried out on
site. Topics can include unit trust, OEIC, PEP and ISA
administration. Training to IAQ level including testing
with sample questions.
- Performance Reviews
- Reviews of the performance and efficiency of the
investment product operations at client companies with
recommendations for efficiency improvement.
- Through links with other independent management
consultants, a full range of cost effective services can
be offered to the investment management community
- compliance and regulatory reviews
- stakeholder pensions development
- investment accounting administration and systems reviews
- e-trade development
- legal services
- rectification of pricing problems